Start a new topic

Sonoff looses Wifi connection

Hi,

My Sonoff has the problem that it frequently looses the connection to "the server".

When I Power on the Sonoff it connect to "the server". After some seconds the green LED is constantly green, and the Sonoff can be switched on/off via the App.

Some time (sometimes a few minutes, sometime 15 minutes) later the the green starts blinking "fast", and the App reports the device disconnected. Waiting for a reconnection does not change tis, it stays unconnected.

I checked that the Wifi Router is working.

When I remove power from the Sonoff and power it up again, the Sonoff "boots" and after some seconds the led is constantly green again, and is accessible by the App.

In this way the Sonoff is not able, so what can I do? I guess the Sonoff should reconnect automatically, or this not implemented?

Regards.

19 people have this problem

To all those where WiFi is dropping out this is a error that has not been fixed for over two years the work around is log in to your router and switch from WPA & WPA 2 To WPA only To itead be nice to see software upware to fix this problem. Any one having trouble pairing switch you router to WPA only and they will pair fine. The only problem switching this sometimes drop out on other devices.
My sonoff switch turns on via google home but then immediately turns back off. When I use the app it turns on but again turns off immediately
I’d say you have a rule setup on scene. Also I have noticed that scene gets incorrect trigger from time to time. Recreate your scene, should be ok
I’ve got nothing set up at all.

All my switches went offline today!

@Craig
Do you use any automation for this switch? IFTTT?
I suggest to remove google home setup and try again with the switch. If still acting up then it might be faulty.
Remove the switch from Ewelink and re-add again with different name

@Craig
Check also the history so you will know what triggered the switch off after you turned on

I have the same problem with the most of my devices. Different types. Once the wifi signal disconnect it dont reconnect. I have it in a holyday house at 3000 km from my house to control the temperature. So it is a big problem
Unfortunately this is a way how it works. It is cheap so it works cheap. I have entire house automated withSonoff and alexa and just accepted this as it is hopeing they will fix it on some stage. In my house It is randomly disconnecting devices. The worst is the RF bridge. Last 3 days all worked fine but before for two weeks I was not able to switch some lights from the phone app at all. ... but at the end of the day, this is still 65% cheaper solution then other like Fibaro.
Maybe a good idea to switch to an other system. No more stress
I had same problems until I red here an advise about sistematic router restart. Not sonof but wifi router restart. Now I restart my router every night and in the morning all my sonoffs work perfect. Old problems almoust disapear. Ok sometimes happens but let say once per month. Try this method for me it works.

Your solution is only possible if you have acces to the router. If the installation is in an other building it is not possible. 

i am having same issues. I have the Orbi Netgear Mesh Router with great throughput. Sporadically switches just grey out. One will come on. Sone will come on. Etc. What a pain. Easier to get my a@@ up and flip a switch then hours trying to get these switches and light bulbs to work. Kind of ridiculous. Certainly should not be calling themselves “smart devises”. Maybe call them “Meh. Sometimes devices”. At least i found I can walk out down my driveway so my iPhone has to move to the 2.4 so i can even set them up or reset them.

I have carefully followed the instructions received from Studio Itead and have changed ISP, changed routers, turned off all other devices.....etc.   I have the same problem with 4 devices out of the 8 I own.  They all worked at one stage.  Although the devices appear to pair correctly they revert to the 2s blink.  Apart from sending them all back to Amazon under warranty, does anyone have a solution?

I owe 7 Sonoff devices (various models). The solution to solving problem are 1. To have electric switch to switch on and off Sonoff device. 2. Delete the device from app and re add Sonoff again to app. ( sometimes you need to re add the device more than 10 times because the error will occur, just try many times. Or may be next day. Sometimes server is down very long time. Sometimes just turn off electric switch for 20 sec and turn on again will solve the problem because sometimes the Sonoff server is down and your Sonoff can not reconnect to the server by itself, it need to power off and power on again. If Sonoff still blink, try number two. I have been using Sonoff for 2 years now, just one that broke because it was no power at all. No green light anywhere on the device and it was broken with in one month. It was Sonoff 4 ch and I bought a new one and keep working untill now. If my 2 solutions are not worked. Please keep asking. Someone in here will please to help.
Login or Signup to post a comment