Start a new topic

Sonoff looses Wifi connection

Hi,

My Sonoff has the problem that it frequently looses the connection to "the server".

When I Power on the Sonoff it connect to "the server". After some seconds the green LED is constantly green, and the Sonoff can be switched on/off via the App.

Some time (sometimes a few minutes, sometime 15 minutes) later the the green starts blinking "fast", and the App reports the device disconnected. Waiting for a reconnection does not change tis, it stays unconnected.

I checked that the Wifi Router is working.

When I remove power from the Sonoff and power it up again, the Sonoff "boots" and after some seconds the led is constantly green again, and is accessible by the App.

In this way the Sonoff is not able, so what can I do? I guess the Sonoff should reconnect automatically, or this not implemented?

Regards.

24 people have this problem

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. Is there any news regarding this?

My firmware version is 1.2.3, according to the app, and it says "current firmware is the latest".

The device appears to be offline about half of the time . The LED  goes through a cycle of double blink, single blink, constant green, off, and again.

When I hold my phone right next to the device, I see full 4 lines of wifi reception on my phone.

I checked the internet connection on my phone, and there is no problem with the internet connection.

3 people like this

i have same problem.

just updated both app & sonoff to latest firmware.

but after connecting the wifi, it goes offline after 15 or 20 min.

not only that, i have added scheduled on-off cycle. but after disconnection it does not follow that cycle.

1 person likes this

Hi Giuseppe

Where I can find it the 3.5.8 and how can downgrade?

Yesterday 3.1 firmware was realeased so maybe is enought to install it to fix the issue?

1 person likes this

Hi there,

I think I've found an workaround to this problem. This might not be the same for those with sonoff switches losing contact after 15 minutes, but in my case sonoff loses contact after several days.

I have different switches:

touch

basic

TH16

Two weeks ago, I configured a scheduler for automatic restart once a day for the wifi router. As a result, none of the switches have lost my connection with the server.

1 person likes this

The same thing happens to me, I've been using Sonoff T1 US (3C) for two days and every so often it disconnects and beeps as if it were in pairing mode, then reconnects to the network normally. This is already being annoying.

Anyone have any idea how to fix it?

1 person likes this
I'm going to find the speaker on the circuit board and cut it out on all of them. I'll take photos and post it up. I've been putting up with these annoying products for 6 months now. Really sorry that I did the whole house with them.

1 person likes this

Hi Filip,

Nope, it's none of those. I've tried everything over the last 6 months mate.

Ripping the Speakers out fixed them beeping at me all night however!

*Photos attached for anyone else in the same predicament

1 person likes this

does the sonoff basic work without internet? if so, i'm gonna purchase more of it and even 4-channel Pro.

My sonoff switch turns on via google home but then immediately turns back off. When I use the app it turns on but again turns off immediately

Actually you can judge the problem by the way the led flash http://support.iteadstudio.com/support/discussions/topics/11000001238

If you can not solve the problem, then you can submit feedback on ewelink. We will have colleague to follow up your issue. Only they receive your feedback can they check your log to find out the problem.

I have a sonoff basic that sometimes it appears offline for a while. How can I know if is a wifi problem or a device one? Which is the signal strength needed for sonoff devices?

This is known issue, hardware related... Nearly every device I have  generates same problem... Replaced already WiFi, have half of the devices connected to ne router another half to second one, issue persists.

After few days of fighting wight Sonoff pairing process I have installed the light switches (I had to rework the installation to have N). Now, I see one switch is disconnecting from wifi, second (i have two switches, side by side) is working fine. Btw. Since I'm checking this forum, I never saw Sonoff team answering. This is making me sure, Sonoff is not the best choice ;)

Hai paura di rimanere col tuo Sonoff senza internet e non poter accendere e spegnere i tuoi dispositivi ? Scopri come fare con la modalità LAN grazie alla mia guida completa.

Sonoff senza internet: modalità LAN guida completa

I have the same issue ... randomly my sonoff disconnect from the app. I have no issue with the wifi and the issue starts after loading the app version eWelink 3.8

Login or Signup to post a comment