Start a new topic

Sonoff 4CH Pro SW Inching / Disable turn on/off all channels missing

I have some Sonoff 4CH pro R1 and also R2 in use. Since the last update to version 3.5.6 I miss the functions "Inching Mode" and "Disable turn on / off all channels" in the app on the device Sonoff 4CH pro R1, in the 4CH pro R2, these 2 functions are still activated and run smoothly. Now I have replaced the "old" Sonoff 4CH pro R1 with a "new" Sonoff 4CH pro R2 to continue to use the Software Inching function (I use run time over 1 hour) for my connected devices. Now I was informed by the support that even with the R2 this SW inching function and the "Disable turn on / off all channels" function with the next update should be omitted.
Why? Allegedly due to conflicts during use. I could not detect any of these conflicts when in use.
Please activate these functions again, the adjustable time can be even longer (not just 3600 seconds).

In this context, I would have some suggestions: Would it be possible within the 4CH Pro individual channels to group? So far it is only possible to group the whole device with all 4 channels at the same time into a group with other devices. A single selection of the channels would be very desirable for me.

Sorry for the bad text format, here again in the right form:

I have some Sonoff 4CH pro R1 and also R2 in use. Since the last update to version 3.5.6 I miss the functions "Inching Mode" and "Disable turn on / off all channels" in the app on the device Sonoff 4CH pro R1, in the 4CH pro R2, these 2 functions are still activated and run smoothly. Now I have replaced the "old" Sonoff 4CH pro R1 with a "new" Sonoff 4CH pro R2 to continue to use the Software Inching function (I use run time over 1 hour) for my connected devices. Now I was informed by the support that even with the R2 this SW inching function and the "Disable turn on / off all channels" function with the next update should be omitted.
Why? Allegedly due to conflicts during use. I could not detect any of these conflicts when in use.
Please activate these functions again, the adjustable time can be even longer (not just 3600 seconds).

In this context, I would have some suggestions: Would it be possible within the 4CH Pro individual channels to group? So far it is only possible to group the whole device with all 4 channels at the same time into a group with other devices. A single selection of the channels would be very desirable for me.

1 person likes this

Hello ,

can it be that with the eWeLink App version 3.7.0 the Inching function with Sonoff 4CH Pro R2 was taken out again?

Why?

I urgently need this feature.

Please re-enter, she has worked fine.

Thanks and Greetings

Tobias

1 person likes this

Hi Tobias, I'm having he same isse!

@iTead support, I'm having the same issue as per Tobias.

Since Sept '18 I bought and tested 5 Sonoff 4CH Pro R2 and they were working very well.

I decided to by more of these devices for the easyness and ability to manage the inching feature via software, but... I recently updated the firmware at the 2.7.1 version and noticed that the inching mode via software has disappeard.

Older devices are still operating with the setups I made with this feature but, now that I'm installing the last one, I coudn't find the software inching option anymore. I'm using the eWeLink app.

Is this a bug?

Is the inching feature getting back soon? 

I really hope, I bought these products 'cause of this feature, so I'm epecting you're not changing the features of the product! Assuming this, thank you in advance for your attention.

Hi Matteo,

It is said that there is a conflict with the HW inching function when it is set.

Therefore, the SW-inching function was removed from the app, first with the 4CH PRO R1 and now with the 4CH PRO R2 ;-(

I have after the support has assured me the SW-Inching function not to disable the 4CH PRO R2 nor bought more R2 and replaced the R1. Now the function has been reactivated.

I have now installed the old APK Ver 3.6.2, together with the firmware 2.7.1, the SW-inching works as usual.

There is now a new firmware 3.0.1, but they have not tried because I do not know if SW-inching then disappeared again.

I also do not understand why, with me SW-inching has worked fine, I do not need HW-inching in my plans, the HW inching times (a few seconds) would be much too short anyway. SW Inching I urgently need in all my 4CH R2.

Provisionally, it works with the old APK, but I may not update this for the time being.

The Itead team reportedly discusses the problem.
Let's see what comes out...

1 person likes this

update:

I have just upgraded 1 4CH Pro to firmware 3.0.1.
Now there is the possibility to set the SW-Inching time for each channel individually, not as before all 4 together the same value ;-)))

THANK YOU!!!!
Schono ok as I think. although the SW-inching time should be even longer adjustable. 60min may be too little.

Please still touch up @itead ;-)

eWeLink app is still Ver 3.6.2. Here I am still waiting for release that I may update ...

2 people like this

Thanks Tobias, 

sorry for repeating but, just to be sure I understood... 

you mean that downgrading the ewelink at the 3.6.2 version, things are still working? more... they're working better due to this new perchannel feature?

In such case, I'm having some issue finding the older release, is there any specific source you may share?

Many thanks for your advices

ok, forget it ^_^ I've found the 3.6.2 and tested.. it works! but classic mode, I mean, just 1 setup for all the channels.

I'm just wandering, how did you managed to achieve the 3.0.1 firmware on the 4CH Pro? I see the latest rel is still the 2.7.1.

Does this depend on the localization?

Hello Matteo

Being able to adjust each channel individually makes sense, a longer time span like 60min would be even more desirable
Firmware 3.0.1 was offered to me in the eWeLink app for the 4CHPro and Sonoff DUO

Whether it depends on the location I can not say

Maybe the support team will contact the topic

Since yesterday the app V3.9.0 is available for me.
I have also tested the same time. Unfortunately, no SW-inching function is still enabled.
I think that's very disappointing.
I wonder why ITEAD is not able to reconnect this important feature.
For me, the 4CH R2 Pro with the latest app V3.9.0 and the missing inching function are useless
I have reinstalled the old app V3.6.2 so that inching works.
The same was done with the 4CH PRO R1. Here the SW-Inching was irretrievably removed.
I've been looking for extra 4piece the 4CH PRO R2 bought because I was promised SW Inching remains.

And now it is deactivated again!

Everything is very sad!
Too bad for the many money I have invested in the wrong equipment.

It is time for ITEAD to respond to the wishes of its customers.

The Bulgarians (Shelly) have been catching up with ITEAD for a long time ...

If devices are sold with ewelink app, then ALL features must be usable. Please re-enable inching mode.

Hi James,

do you need the app version 3.6.2 yet? I can send you a download link.

The support told me to wait for version 3.10.0.

Here then the SW-Inching function should be present again.

I'm curious...

Please re-enable inching mode again. It was working fine, and just bought a 2 new 4ch Pro R2 and it's not working. Really annoying a feature like this disappears, being a PRo, while the rest of models are having it..

2 people like this

Hello everybody

good news:
just now I have the version 3.10.1 installed and see there the SW Inching function is back! And works!

Only the function all channels ON / OFF is still missing. But that's not important to me.

Login or Signup to post a comment