Start a new topic

SONOFF device always offline

I've ordered 3 SONOFF and tried to associate them with my eWeLink account.

One of them always appears offline and I don't know what to do to solve that.

It's necessarly a problem with this device (or my account) as the other ones work well.

This device is well detected on my local network, but the LED keep blinking twice and repeat.

Maybe it's linked to the firmware upgrade that failed before.

30 people have this problem

Cosa fare quando eWeLink non funziona ? Come diagnosticare e risolvere gli errori Sonoff rete non disponibile o Sonoff non in linea ? Come utilizzare comunque Sonoff senza internet ? Scopri come fare la diagnosi ed utilizzare la modalità LAN.

Sonoff rete non disponibile | Sonoff non in linea: diagnosi e modalità LAN

The recent firmware update fixed a bit stability (Sonoff switches 1,2 and 3 gang RF)

Whether it works or not depends a lot on your internet connectivity and the eWeLink server in the region. Unfortunately these devices do not retain multiple wifi information like our phones nor can we see the ones they are linked to. Recently I purchased 3 Sonoff POW 2 devices to just monitor voltage levels on the 3 phase supply.  Unfortunately in these devices there is is no option of "power on state" selection even after latest firmware update to 2.6.0.  It can store only 8 scheduled switching states. We do have infrequent power outage. So I have had to set  them all to switch on every 3 hours. This will ensure the power equipment having power loss of no more than 3 hours after it is restored.

Hi, I'm From Brazil, I have 2 SONOFF, some times one work, another break, I need reset, then comeback work. Some times, after 30 minutes trying connect, this work. I'm a Computer Program, I'm a Electrical Technician, I have knowledge to set up this. Them why this not work?

Please refer to following methods if you device never online:

0.Our device just can be used with 2.4G network. Device need time to be online when pairing successfully.

1.Please refer to following link: http://support.iteadstudio.com/support/discussions/topics/11000001238

2.Not connect to wifi:

1)Please check the SSID and password, make sure they are entered correctly?

2)try to power off the device and router for some minutes ,and power them again.

3)Try to Make a smart phone as hotspot connect to Internet,use another smart phone connect device to this hotspot.

4)Your wifi name and password should be in English letters and numbers. No special letters allowed,and have better the length don’t beyond 20.

5)Please try to make your router haven’t password to connect device.  

6)Change SSID channel to unique.

7)Disable router MAC filtering

8)Try to Change the router wireless setting from mixed mode 802.11g/802.11n to 802.11n only.

9)Or Try to Change wifi 2.4GHz network to WPA TKIP mode or no security mode.

3.Not connect to router:

1)Try to ping our server:eu-disp.coolkit.cc(in EU), us-disp.coolkit.cc(in US).

For device ever online,please refer to following methods:

1.Please make device close to router

2.Disable the MAC filtering.

3.Try other router.

4.Please Unplug the device for several minutes, then plug it to power up again.

5.Try pairing again.

6.Try to change the router name to pairing again_ can it work?

Hello, im from israel.

I have the same problem: after hardware update failed, The SONOFF POW is stuck on OFFLINE. How can this be fixed? I have a NETGEAR router

You can buy it from Amazon.de. Make sure you buy the second generation: Samsung SmartThings Hub F-HUB-UK-V2 (Zweite Generation) - Kompatibel mit Europa https://www.amazon.de/dp/B010NZV0GE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.zWtAbGEGA74Z
Hi Petrus, definitely a very good plan. Unfortunately I have already bought and installed 8 Sonoff Touch Wall Light Switches and removed the old ones. Seems like the SmartThings hub is not easy to get in Germany. https://shop.smartthings.com/products/samsung-smartthings-hub This is the one you were talking about? Best from Frankfurt, Sebastian

Ha funzionato per ter o quattro settimane ed adesso mi dice sempre rete non disponibile.Ne ho quattro di questi e sono tutti e quattro offline.Preciso che sono su quattro reti wifi differenti.

Non penso di acquistarne altri visti l'esperienza avuta 

P.S.ho provato tutte le soluzioni elencate e tutte erano ok ma i sonoff sono sempre offline

Hi Sebastian, sound to me like you are based in Germany. Same here. Here is a description that I found: https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-sonoff-sonoff-th-s20-dual-4ch-pow-touch-device-handler-smartapp-5-10-smart-switches/45957 I still have to get a SmartThings hub but plan to give it a shot as soon as I have one. Seems a bit technical but not impossible. Until I get this set up I will not implement Sonof on anything essential.

1 person likes this
Agree. It is very unfortunate that Sonoff could apparently not establish a reliable and trustworth backend for faster growing amount of European and international clients. E.g. my router AVM fritz box does not allow to substitute domain names with different ip addresses to make the backend work, like very well explained: Substitude IP address of eu-disp.coolkit.cc to 52.29.61.50 Is there a good description how to flash the Sonoff devices to work directly with SmartThings hub?
I think the problem is with dependability of Sonoff’s servers. I am planning to flash my devices to work directly with SmartThings hubs as this seems to be the only viable solution. The hardware is fine, problem is the back end.
Hello; I do habe the issue with 2 out of 6 Sonoff Touch Devices. does Sonoff not show to provide some assistance on this issue as it seems a widespread issue? Thank you

I had the same problem but i just FORCE STOPPED my cell phone eWeLink app and then ran it again and everything is working properly

Sometimes when on your phone looks that your Sonoff is offline, needs clean memory your phone. After cleaning is ok , online. I have very often this offline when use phone browser surfing internet . TRY it.Cleaning resolve this problem.
Login or Signup to post a comment